Mount Pisgah Arboretum is dedicated to public enjoyment of its natural beauty and cultivated plantings. In keeping with our purpose, we ask groups to follow these regulations:
1. Do not litter. This includes confetti, rice, birdseed, petals, and plant materials from bouquets.
2. Garbage and recycling cans are provided for your convenience. The Arboretum provides 50-gallon trash cans and 50-gallon recycling bins. Please put trash and recycling into their proper receptacles; if the Arboretum has to sort garbage and recycling, you will be charged $50.
3. Please park in designated parking area. Delivery vehicles may drive to the Pavilion area before and after an event, but no cars are to be left at the Pavilion for the duration of your event, except for catering vehicles with a Pavilion Parking Permit.
4. Do not staple/tack/nail anything into the wood of the Pavilion. Only easily removable adhesive putty, tape, or string should be used to hang decorations. Anything left behind, or any damage to the wood, will result in a charge to your Cleaning & Damage Deposit. You may use plant material to decorate, but do not bring invasive plants into the Arboretum. If you have questions about invasive plants, contact Site Manager Tom LoCascio at (541) 954-5463.
5. Groups are welcome to rearrange tables and other equipment, but should return them to the Pavilion at the end of their event.
6. Amplified and live music is allowed as long as it does not disrupt other visitors; please remember that this is a place where people come to enjoy nature.
7. Group activities are to be confined to the area reserved. However, group members and guests are welcome to walk the trails and enjoy the Arboretum. Because trails are narrow and vegetation fragile, please keep walking groups small and be careful not to trample trail-side vegetation. Children must be supervised and are not allowed in the stream or near the river.
8. Fire, firearms, barbecues and grills are strictly prohibited. Exception: Propane or gas grills used on rocky gravel outside building. During fire season (usually July – Sept.), smoking may also be prohibited except inside cars.
9. Dogs, except for guide dogs, are not permitted at group activities.
10. The Arboretum does not permit active sports that may be damaging to the site or disturbing to others.
11. Bicycles, motor vehicles and horses are prohibited within the Arboretum. Foot traffic and wheel chairs only on the trails please.
12. All plants and wildlife are protected. Please do not pick, dig, move or disturb them.