Lane County Parks charges $3 for single-day parking passes for the Howard Buford Recreation Area (HBRA). You can purchase a one-day parking pass at the big yellow vending machine next to the Mount Pisgah Summit trailhead. The fee machine accepts credit and cash.
There are two types of annual passes accepted on site:
- The All-Parks Pass for Lane County Parks. which allows the user to park a vehicle at any of the parking areas around the Howard Buford Recreation Area, as well as at all of the other Lane County Parks. The All-Parks Pass costs $30, and is available for purchase at the Lane County Parks office; at the Mount Pisgah Arboretum office; at the Eugene REI store; at all local Bi-Mart stores; and many other locations. This pass should be displayed on the windshield of your vehicle at all times when visiting the park.
- The new Buford Park & Mount Pisgah Annual Parking Pass. This pass will be the new perk that comes with membership with Mount Pisgah Arboretum, and may be presented to certain volunteers who work in the park year-round as well. This pass will not be for sale around town. The Buford Park & Mount Pisgah Pass allows you to park a vehicle at any of the parking areas around the Howard Buford Recreation Area. This pass should be displayed on the windshield of your vehicle at all times when visiting the park.
- Please note that the $20 HBRA passes are being phased out, and will not be on sale from January 2011 onward. HBRA passes that were issued before January 2011 will continue to be honored until their normal expiration date.
- Lane County Parks will be switching to a new vinyl window-cling style of annual parking passes, instead of printing them on paper. Paper passes that were issued before January 1, 2011 will still be honored until their normal expiration date, but new annual passes will all be in the vinyl window-cling style.
- Mount Pisgah Arboretum Member Parking Passes (the paper passes issued to Arboretum members prior to January 2011) will continue to be honored until their normal expiration dates, and they will be valid in the same parking areas as the new Buford Park & Mt Pisgah Passes. New and renewing Arboretum members will receive a vinyl Buford Park & Mt Pisgah Annual Parking Pass from Jan. 1, 2011 forward.