SPECIAL EVENT ASSISTANT
Mount Pisgah Arboretum is accepting applications for a seasonal Special Event Assistant position to work an average of 18 hours per week on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings from 5:30pm-11:30pm from mid-May through late October 2017.
The Special Event Assistant at Mount Pisgah Arboretum is a position of hospitality, from the first initial greeting, to setup, and finally to the conclusion of the guest’s event. Primary duties for the Special Event Assistant are to supervise weddings and other events in the Arboretum’s White Oak Pavilion, provide outstanding customer service to Pavilion renters and assist with setup and break-down of each event.
Special Event Assitant duties:
- Oversee evening events (primarily weddings) at the White Oak Pavilion
- Provide for the needs of rental clients and vendors, while also monitoring compliance with rental rules
- Maintain events log and communicate issues with other Arboretum events staff
- Facilitate event takedown including tables/chairs, lanterns, and other accessories
- Check grounds, parking lots and the Pavilion for safety concerns
- Ensure that rental facilities and other public amenties remain clean and well stocked
- Checkout renters, close events, secure site, lock facilities and gate
- Able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings from 5:30pm-11:30pm
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate effectively and appropriately with rental clients, the public, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to provide excellent customer service while keeping stressful situations calm
- Ability to coordinate data – determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken.
- Ability to learn simple procedures & techniques. Perform routine work or tasks repeatedly.
- Enjoy weddings and large events
- Able to walk Arboretum grounds for security checks
- Good physical condition (able to lift 30 pounds)
- Excellent reliability
- Basic understanding of care/maintenance of natural areas
- Good computer skills
- Cell phone required
- Current CPR and First Aid Card or ability to obtain same
- Previous Event Planning, Coordination, and/or Supervision skills a plus!
- Valid Oregon driver’s license and own transportation required
Starting pay: $13.00 per hour.
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references (email preferred)
by 5 pm by April 26th to:
Mandy Shultz, Events@MountPisgahArboretum.org
Mount Pisgah Arboretum, 34901 Frank Parrish Rd. Eugene, OR 97405
Looking for more ways to get involved? Become a volunteer!