Mount Pisgah Arboretum is a non-profit organization with a mission to engage people with nature through interactive learning and stewardship. We maintain a 209-acre site with seven miles of nature trails, public facilities and an events venue, and we provide environmental education programs for all ages. The Office Coordinator works 30 hours/week and is the center of the Arboretum’s daily office operations. This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for staffing the office during normal business hours, responding to visitors, managing the Arboretum’s membership database, coordinating volunteers for the Arboretum’s two annual festivals, maintaining the Arboretum’s website, coordinating and laying out the quarterly newsletter and Arboretum brochures, and supporting the Executive Director and other staff.
- Serve as main visitor service contact. Respond to inquiries in person, by phone, email, or through the web.
- Process membership dues and donations, and oversee membership database and member communications.
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment. Pick up and process mail daily.
ADMINISTRATIVE & PROJECT SUPPORT
- Manage quarterly newsletter: solicit articles, edit, layout, order printing, and coordinate bulk mailing.
- Aid Executive Director and other staff with creation of outreach materials and other projects as needed.
- Facilitate preparation for, and execution of special projects and events including annual festivals.
ONLINE MEDIA COORDINATION
- Coordinate social media.
- Maintain and update website and manage Search Engine Optimization.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteers for annual Mushroom and Wildflower Festivals.
- Oversee membership and administrative volunteers. Facilitate volunteer Park Watch Program.
- Become acquainted with duties and responsibilities of other staff and support their work as needed.
- Ask for and expect reciprocal support from other team members.
- Sincere belief in the mission and future of Mount Pisgah Arboretum
- Must be a people person with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to lead and manage volunteers
- Excellent computer skills including database (FileMaker Pro), graphic design/layout (InDesign), Photoshop, website and SEO management, social media, word processing, and ability to learn new computer programs
- Ability to recognize and take advantage of opportunities for improvement
- Some interest in natural science preferred
- Ability to get along well with others and work as part of a team
- Patience and a sense of humor essential
Please email resume and cover letter by midnight April 27, 2017 to Director@MountPisgahArboretum.org
Compensation: $15 – $16 per hour plus health care benefits, retirement plan, vacation and sick time
This is a part-time job – 30 hours per week
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job.
Looking for more ways to get involved? Become a volunteer!