Job Opportunities at MPA
Office Manager/Online Marketer (Mount Pisgah Arboretum)
Mount Pisgah Arboretum is a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining Pacific Northwest plant communities, offering environmental education programs for all ages, and providing facilities for the public enjoyment of its carefully restored and maintained site. The Office Manager works 30 to 35 hours/week and is the center of the daily office operations of the Arboretum. This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for staffing the office during normal business hours, responding to visitors, coordinating volunteers for the Arboretum’s two annual festivals, maintaining the Arboretum’s website, coordinating and laying out the quarterly newsletter and Arboretum brochures, and supporting the Executive Director and other staff.
* Serves as the main visitor service contact during regular office hours. Responds to inquiries in-person, by phone, email, or through the web.
* Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment.
* Picks up and processes mail daily.
* Processes membership dues and donations.
* Aids Executive Director and other staff with editing and layout of brochures and other materials.
* Aids other staff with overflow paperwork and data management.
* Manages quarterly newsletter by article solicitation from staff, board and guest writers, editing, layout, ordering/printing, and coordinating bulk mailing.
* Supports the site rental program by assisting with brochure handout/services description and fee collection.
* Maintains and updates website
* Manages Search Engine Optimization
* Coordinates social media
* Schedules and coordinates volunteers for annual Mushroom and Wildflower Festivals.
* Oversees membership and administrative volunteers.
* Facilitates volunteer Park Watch Program.
* Excellent communication and people skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to lead and manage volunteers
* Good writing and editing skills
* Excellent computer skills including database (FileMaker Pro), graphic design/layout (InDesign), Photoshop, website and SEO management, social media, word processing, and the ability to learn new computer programs and tasks quickly
* Ability to get along well with others and work as part of a small team
* Some background in natural science preferred
* Patience and a sense of humor essential
Location: Mount Pisgah Arboretum
Compensation: $14 — $16 per hour plus health care benefits for 30-35 hours per week.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight September 1, 2014.
Looking for other ways to get involved? Become a volunteer!